Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera is one of the most amazing medicinal plants of all time. Even as far back as six thousand years ago, the ancient Egyptians called the aloe vera the plant of immortality. The ancient Greeks used it for just about everything, while the Native Americans regarded it as the wand of heaven.
Modern science has already confirmed that it can fight off infection, treat cuts, bring relief from sunburn, and even help in treating bedsores. It kills bacteria, fungi, viruses, and molds. And while it can be used as a gel to rub on the body, it can also be taken as a juice. Aloe vera juice can be bought in commercial stores, or you can make it yourself.
Benefits of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice
So why should you drink aloe vera juice? Here are some reasons why:
- It strengthens your immune system. When you drink aloe vera juice daily, it replenishes the decreasing levels of amino acids in your body. Since aloe vera juice contains a lot of vitamins, it really helps your body fight off disease and promotes healing. This is perhaps one of the key health benefits of aloe vera juice, because your immune system is crucial in keeping you healthy.
- It helps prevent the common cold. That’s due to the high vitamin C content, which can prevent the sniffles when the weather turns. While there is no real cure for the common cold, just about every study indicates that lots of vitamin C can keep it at bay.
- It can help fight heart disease. This was the finding of the American College of Angiology, which involved more than five thousand patients who either had heart disease or diabetes. The study found that aloe vera juice reduced the bad cholesterol levels and increased the good cholesterol levels.
- It can also help fight diabetes. That same study mentioned above also found that aloe vera juice improved the blood sugar levels of diabetics, and that diabetic patients were able to taper their use of drugs.
If you are diabetic, you and your doctor can discuss the amount of juice you can take so that it doesn’t affect the medicine you are taking. You need to consult your doctor for any supplement you take (including aloe vera juice) if you are taking any sort of prescription drugs.
- It can help in the fight against cancer. Among aloe vera’s properties is that the juice has anti-carcinogenic properties. It slows down or even helps prevent the growth of malignant tumors.
- It can work as a weight loss supplement. This is one way to burn off the extra pounds, because aloe vera juice helps in burning off the fat. It reduces your lipid levels and it also steadies your metabolic rate.
- It cleanses the toxins from your body. Just a couple of teaspoons of aloe vera in a glass of water a day will do the trick. It will really detoxify your system. It can alleviate your ulcer and cleanse your digestive system.
- It helps in your oral hygiene. It helps prevent plaque from forming and it also helps with gingivitis. If you have bleeding gums due to bacterial infection, the aloe vera juice will deal with the bacteria to keep your mouth clean.
According to the American College of Angiology, aloe vera juice really helps after a root canal. The Journal of Advances in Clinical and Experimental Medicine also reports that aloe vera juice helps reduce oral lichen planus, which is a common dental problem.
- It can bring relief from rheumatoid arthritis. This condition can be very painful, and it’s caused by the immune system when it attacks the membranes lining your joints. You may also have fluid buildups that really make it a lot worse. The anti-inflammatory compounds found in aloe vera juice really reduce the pain and stiffness. They act like natural painkillers which brings relief without side effects.
- It helps regulate your digestive system. In addition, it also eliminates the bad bacteria in your digestive system. That means when you drink aloe vera regularly, you can say goodbye to both constipation and diarrhea.
- It helps bring relief from heart reflux. Aloe vera juice is quite effective in diminishing the effects of heart reflux. It steadies the alkaline levels in your body. It has a very soothing effect on the stomach walls, and it will alleviate your heartburn and discomfort.
- It soothes chest congestion and sinus problems. When you drink aloe vera juice, you also consume magnesium lactate. This works as an antihistamine, which relieves the congestion if they were brought on by allergies.
- It helps hydrate your body. You need to drink lots of healthy fluids every day, and aloe vera juice contributes to that.
- It can help alleviate acne and other skin conditions. While drinking the juice certainly helps, you may also want to get some aloe vera gel to apply on the blemishes. The gel will act as a moisturizer, heal the blemishes, and reduce the inflammation.
These are just the benefits when you drink aloe vera juice.
Why Aloe Vera is Amazing
How come aloe vera juice can do all these? That’s simple. It contains large amounts of:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Lots of B vitamins (including B1, B2, B3, B6, and B12)
- Folic acid
Then it also has more than 20 different minerals. That includes
Plus, you still have lots of fatty acids as well as 8 amino acids. All in all, you have more than 75 active constituents found in aloe vera, which very well explains why the ancients found it so amazing. But even modern scientists are amazed as well. A lot of medical studies are still going on investigating its effects on various conditions, including different types of cancer and even on AIDS.
Meanwhile, just make sure you drink a glass or two of aloe vera juice every day. As this article should have made it clear by now, it’s good for you!