How to Successfully Suppress Your Appetite and Lose Weight
If you wonder why you suppossed to suppress your appetite, keeping reading this article for practical tips that will help you lose weight and feel better.
Nearly 2.1 billion people in the world today are overweight or obese. That’s almost a third of the global population. Suffice to say, many people are at risk of various health problems such as diabetes and heart ailments. And the best way for overweight people to avoid these complications is to start losing weight now.
But losing weight can be very difficult for obese people who can’t resist the temptation to grab a doughnut late in the morning. It can be a tall order for guys who can’t stop eating. If you’re one of those people who can’t control the urge to eat, here are some of the best ways to suppress your appetite.
Ways To Suppress Your Appetite
- Drink lots of water. Yes, drinking plenty of water can do wonders for your weight loss efforts. Drinking a glass or two of water before and after a meal can make you feel full. It would trick your body, so to speak, into believing that you no longer need another cup of rice.
And it isn’t just a matter of perception as numerous studies back up this fact. One study conducted in 2010 showed that drinking 2 glasses of water before a meal can reduce a person’s caloric intake by as much as 90 calories.
- Be more active. And we’re not talking of being more active in the dining table. You need to exercise more often if you want to delay hunger. Aerobic exercises such as running, swimming, and biking not only would make you lose pounds. Regular exercise can trigger a change in the hormone levels of your body. And one of the effects of this is temporary appetite suppression.
One study printed in the American Journal of Physiology reveals that 60 minutes of high intensity cardio exercise can delay hunger for at least 2 hours.
- Chew gum in the morning. It may sound weird but chewing gum every morning has been linked to appetite suppression. And it isn’t because your jaws would get tired from chewing.
According to experts from University of Rhode Island, chewing gum for an hour in the morning can make a person consume up to 67 fewer calories for lunch. The scientists believe it may have to do with the stimulation of the nerves of the jaw,which they say is connected to the part of the brain that tells us we’re full.
- Integrate vinegar in your daily dining. If you hate vinegar, then here’s one good reason to start liking it: it can help you suppress your appetite.
Studies have proven that vinegar can make a person feel satiated. One study showed that people who take a tablespoon of cider vinegar can take 250 fewer calories than those who don’t.
So why don’t you start putting vinegar to a high carbohydrate meal. Or perhaps eating more sweet and sour dishes?
- Eat more high fiber foods. Fruits and vegetables not only will supply you with vitamins and minerals that are good for your body. These foods are also rich in fiber that can trick your brain into believing that you have eaten enough.
Certain fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots, and cucumber can be taken as snacks. Not only are these foods rich in fiber, but can also make you feel full in between meals. Hence, you will not likely reach for a bag of potato chips when you eat these foods in the afternoon. You are also likely to eat less during dinner when you take these foods as your snacks.
- Eat on a small plate. You may not believe it but it’s true – the size of your plate can affect your appetite. Our tendency is to get more food when we use a big plate. Thus, eating on a small plate can make your reduce your meal portions.
And again, this is not without any basis. Studies have proven that reducing the size of dinnerware can make a person unconsciously slice down on his meal portions. One study conducted in 2002 showed that people who are given a large bowl served themselves more ice cream compared to those who were given a smaller plate. It also showed that servings increased by 15% when participants were handed with a larger serving spoon.
- Get enough rest. Not getting the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep will not only make you lethargic at work, but also make you hungry most of the day. Studies have proven that people who get little sleep at night can have their appetite increased by up to 25 percent.
Another study conducted in 2013 showed that individuals who sleep fewer than seven hours a night are up to 26 percent more likely to be hungry even after taking their breakfast.
Alternative Way of Appetite Suppression
Aside from those seven tricks to suppress your appetite, here is one supplement that you may want to try if you want to lose weight.
Phen 375 is a natural appetite suppressant that you can turn to if you are desperate to control your cravings. It contains the ingredient called Trimethylxanthine, which tricks the brain into believing that the body is in a state of satiety.
Aside from the said appetite suppressant, Phen 375 also has other ingredients that can make you lose weight fast. There’s capsaicin, which boosts blood flow around the body. It can also raise your body temperature so that you will be able to burn more calories throughout the day.
As you can see, Phen 375 not just suppresses your appetite but also increases your body’s metabolic function. Thus you will be able to lose weight fast when you take this supplement.
Unlike other weight loss and appetite suppressing supplements, Phen 375 is safe for use by adults. It is also an over-the-counter supplement thus you won’t need to present a prescription to buy one.
The bottom line is that Phen 375 is a good supplement to try if you are worried that your inability to suppress your appetite is making it difficult for you to lose weight.